Welcome to the career page for Vanguard Defense Industries. On this page you will find postings for immediate openings that Vanguard has available. Please take the time and review the positions in their entirety before applying. Vanguard offers a very competitive salary range and highly comprehensive benefits package. When responding please apply directly to email@example.com or feel free to submit your resume here. Be sure to include the position number for which you are applying. Do you have what it takes to be a member of the Vanguard Team?
Position Number VDI-14002
Vanguard Defense Industries is seeking an External Pilot for the ShadowHawk® Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Program. This position will be located in our Spring, Texas office.
Do you have extensive experience building and flying R/C aircraft in particular helicopters? Are you in or seeking to enter the growing UAV industry? Vanguard Defense Industries has an immediate need for an External Pilot to join its ShadowHawk® Unmanned Systems Program.
Pilots rotary-wing/VTOL Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) during developmental test and operational flights. Remotely pilots vehicle to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers. Defines, plans, organizes and executes complex flight programs and flight test events. Conducts briefings and debriefings, and coordinates with maintenance personnel to analyze and correct vehicle discrepancies. May conduct demonstration flights with customers, government officials or other personnel to exhibit vehicle performance, flying qualities and system capabilities. Typically FAA rated.
- BS degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering (preferred) plus five years of related experience. Must possess strong experience with R/C helicopters and/or R/C airplanes.
- Experience building R/C aircraft, fabricating parts are a plus.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance at the secret level.
- Experience with integration of UAS payloads preferred.
UAV flight experience highly desirable. TPS graduate, military flight experience, flight test operations, multi engine rated, aviation instructor experience and aviation experience also a plus.
Please provide a cover letter to address your experience related to all relevant UAS programs.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental and vision.
Vanguard Defense Industries (VDI) is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. VDI provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. VDI maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page.
Position Number VDI-14001
Unmanned Aerial System Engineer
Vanguard Defense Industries is seeking a Systems Engineer for the ShadowHawk® Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Program. This position will be located in our Spring, Texas office.
Seeking an exceptional aerospace or mechanical engineering candidates to work on small unmanned aerial system projects. Candidate will be tasked with mechanical design and payload integration of structures, parts and mechanisms on tactical unmanned aerial systems. Role will include basic analysis as required for the design of highly optimized small structures. Designs will involve tight integration of electronics and mechanical components. Candidate must be hands on with a solid understanding of prototyping and fabrication. Designs will include metal, plastic and some limited composite parts, with an extreme focus on minimal weight. Due to the small size of the team and projects, the candidate will be required to be highly self sufficient and organized. Candidate must be dynamic enough to work on both prototype level designs as well as production.
Duties will include:
- Providing program, systems engineering, and acquisition support to the team lead for the Rotary Wing and UAS portfolio.
- Conducting technical reviews and assessments of current platforms.
- Presenting to senior acquisition leadership on the status and issues associated with assigned UAS systems in preparation for acquisition decision meetings.
- Maintaining objective insight into programs’ requirement performance and other technical metrics, schedule, risks, engineering management, production, integration, and other engineering discipline heath and status via quarterly (at minimum) engagement with the program office and contractor sites for the assigned portfolio.
- Performing ad hoc analysis and generation of high quality technical reports and presentations for senior leadership to support various public speaking engagements, symposium, conferences, and Congressional reports.
- Lead payload integration efforts for rotary and fixed wing programs. Serve as the Primary Point of Contact (POC) for payload and flight management system providers.
- Prepare Purchase Orders for submission to Accounts Recivable related to engineering purchases and acquisitions.
- Manage and oversee engineering and R&D budget.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering (Masters Preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the UAS industry (rotary-wing/VTOL experience preferred).
- Experience with various payloads to include but not limited to TASE 150, 200, 300/350, 400 or equivalent.
- Experience or certification with flight management systems (Piccolo LT, SL, II highly preferred).
- Expert technical knowledge of one or more of the following programs: MQ-1, MQ-9, RQ-4, MQ-4, VTUAV, ShadowHawk, UCLASS, JUCAS, Fire Scout, Hunter, Shadow, or other classified UAS programs.
- Experience performing system engineer functions to include the planning and evaluation of design reviews (PDR/CDR), technical performance measures, program requirements, system engineering plans, risk, and schedules for acquisition programs
- Must have demonstrated expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; Strong analytical and statistical analysis capability; Have performed critical analysis of technical data with the goal of recommending corrective courses of action.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and proven communication skills: must have experience providing briefings and presentations to senior-level officials.
- Experience with R/C airplanes and helicopters a plus.
- Experience with electronic and Radio Frequency Testing Tools (Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, etc.)
- Experience with CAD/Drafting Software (Orcad, Inventor, Solidworks, etc.)
- Electrical/electronic equipment specifications (S/N, NF, BER, Noise Figure, etc.)
- Equipment Package Design (RFI, EMI, shielding, airflow/system cooling power, grounding, etc.)
- Experience with schematics (schematic capture software, symbols, layout, etc.)
Please provide a cover letter to address your experience related to all relevant UAS programs.
Position Number VTG-12020
Vice President – Technology (Spring, Texas)
General: Direct and manage Vanguard’s technical and research efforts. Improve methodology and procedures to insure all technical developments are documented and secured. To insure that all VDI products are considered the technical gold standard within our market segment.
The position of Vice President – Technology should possess a minimum of 10 years experience in the aviation field as an engineer or aviator. Of the aforementioned 10 years 5 years will be in the in the unmanned aerial systems industry. The VPT should have an advanced understanding of autonomous and manual flight systems, avionics and associated software, rotary UAV design, down link systems and camera systems. Experience as an external pilot also preferred. Must be able to obtain and maintan a USG Security Clearance at the TS level and pass a SSBI.
The prospective candidate must posses a Masters Degree in an associated science, i.e. aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, etc. PhD preferred.
Direct and manage all aspects of UAS platform development.
Direct and manage all aspect of UAS payload integration and development.
Enforce technical standards and ensure adherence for product development and company operations.
Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
• Manage a technology team and oversee research and development, as well as project management.
• Provide visible leadership for the company within the technology community.
• Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
Direct and manage all aspects of the companies R&D effort.
Develop testing methodology and documentation for new programs.
Direct and manage all assemble and manufacturing functions.
Manage relationships with third party hardware and software providers.
Direct all aspects of aircraft design.
Manage all flight testing and documentation.
Develop and coordinate all QA/QC methods and procedures.
Salary: Negotiable, based upon experience.